Commissioning support is typically provided by the process, mechanical, electrical, instrument and telecoms disciplines. The discipline leads allocate resources from within their departments to organise and assist where necessary, implement the various commissioning activities that are required for the safe functional testing of the specific equipment. This support assistance includes factory acceptance testing (FAT), site acceptance testing (SAT), pre-commissioning B (type) installation test reports (BITRs and control narrative testing) and commissioning by operational test procedures (OTPs).
Early interactive transfer of knowledge between the design, construction and commissioning teams allows the incorporation of the commissioning requirements into the design, procurement and construction which minimises re-work and unnecessary additional costs to the project.
Typical commissioning support functions include:
- Assisting with the preparation of the project plan
- Attending HAZIDs, HAZOPs, design reviews, SIL reviews, constructability reviews and layout meetings on projects to ensure commissioning requirements are incorporated into the design, procurement and construction process
- Estimating (offshore / onshore commissioning)
- Linking the design, procurement and construction to commissioning priorities
- Monitoring and inputting to the completions database to ensure that the systems and sub-systems are ready and that the pre-commissioning (BITR) and commissioning (OTP) are planned and carried out in a timely fashion to enable a smooth handover to operations
- Transferring information to the personnel preparing the maintenance database
- Expediting and preparing, where necessary, the system handover manuals
Point of Contact
Head of Projects
Phone: +44 (0) 191 215 5051